Monday 19 May 2014

Peter Thomas wins in Penrith

Another great Subbuteo tournament was held on the 18th May 2014 in Penrith, Sydney. Returning after a couple of years in the wilderness, it was great to see Steve Dettre and Jonny Ball playing once again alongside newer players Ethan Foster and Adrian Elmer. Showing he still hasn’t lost his touch Steve Dettre made it to the semi-finals with his vintage toccer figures. Peter Thomas struggled to break down Steve’s stonewall defence until the final few minutes of the game.
Steve Dettre and Benji Batten

In his first ever tournament Ethan Foster won his first game, and finished in sixth place overall. Benji Batten who came all the way from Melbourne to play made it out of his group on goal difference, after a crucial win over Paul Magee, before succumbing to Eliot Kennedy in the semi final.
Benji Batten and Paul Magee

After consuming some sports enhancing Irn-Bru before the final, some early goals by Peter Thomas made the match a one way affair, in contrast to their recent close battle in Parramatta.

Thanks to Megagames Penrith for hosting the tournament, and to everybody for coming. Hope to see you all again soon.

Final places:
1. Peter Thomas (Subbuteo Melbourne)
2. Eliot Kennedy (Northern Falcons TFC)
3. Steve Dettre (Northern Falcons TFC)
4. Benji Batten (Subbuteo Melbourne)
5. Jonny Ball (Northern Falcons TFC)
6. Ethan Foster (Subbuteo Parramatta)
7. Paul Magee (no club)
8. Adrian Elmer (Subbuteo Parramatta)

(Report by Peter Thomas)

1 comment:


  1. My name is Leah Brown, I'm a happy woman today? I told myself that any loan lender that could change my life and that of my family after having been scammed separately by these online loan lenders, I will refer to anyone who is looking for loan for them. It gave me and my family happiness, although at first I had a hard time trusting him because of my experiences with past loan lenders, I needed a loan of $300,000.00 to start my life everywhere as single mother with 2 children, I met this honest and God fearing online loan lender Gain Credit Loan who helped me with a $300,000.00 loan, working with a loan company Good reputation. If you are in need of a loan and you are 100% sure of paying the loan please contact (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete